04 December 2013

Accessory: Hobkey sea kayak keyring

.
What is that on your keyring?
Obviously he doesn't know what a sea kayak is, I thought to myself.

keyring2

It might be a talking point at a party or maybe a way to make myself not fit-in with the cricket loving fans but I like to remind myself of what makes me happy.
Marin from Hobkey has been following my blog for a while and asked me if I was interested in some samples of his unique sea kayak keyrings.
Turns out that he is one of my peeps from the old country and speaks my mother language: Slovenian. A very accomplished sea kayaker and rower himself (check his profile) he is passionate about this non main stream sport of sea kayaking.
He is the distributor of the sea kayak Hobkey and ships them directly to online customers but also wholesales them to retailers around the world.

keyring1

The miniature kayak is made of PVC and meticulously reproduces a Fish-form skeg kayak with a keyhole cockpit. It really is a good model that almost looks perfectly like one of my kayaks!
The keyring is secured by a crimped stainless steel cable loop making the attachment rather solid. The little kayak is slightly flexible and will not snap when I try to bend it making the pendant durable. Marin's personal Hobkey is well used with a couple of keys rubbing against it and while the paint is getting a little scuffed it is still holding up well.

Is that a canoe?
I rolled my eyes and politely explained: "Close: it actually is a sea kayak..."
.

4 comments:

  1. I got one for everyone in my family. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do they all paddle, or are they just sympathetic to your passion? :-)

      Delete
  2. Where might I order these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can order these in the link provided in the above article. Hover over the Hobkey name with your mouse (shown in purple) and click on it: it will take you to www.Hobkey.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Because of spam received from unwanted manufacturers/retailers all comments are now moderated. Allow a few days for your comment to appear when the operators of GnarlyDog News are on safari.