14 May 2013

Photo: Landing before the storm

I am planning a trip to shores where the sun never sets.
Team members from 3 different countries will join me on a 3 week paddle in a place where granite meets the sea.

Landing before the storm_c
Photo: Tess Dodd/Adventuretess_used with permission
In the meantime I am honing my skills in my local pond (Moreton Bay) and enjoy the less crowded beaches that the colder weather brings.
I have been gathering information on the weather and coastal conditions and some locals may join me for part of my journey.
It is truly inspirational how these small boats can bring the spirit of adventure alive and create a sense of belonging to a community that goes beyond the "virtual friendship".

PS Thank you to my readers concerned about my lack of writing lately: all is good, I just have been busy :-)
.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm... very curious about this place where the sun never sets...
    Nice pre-storm picture, wonderful water!

    Have an excellent trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the trip is not until later in the season (August) but the anticipation and preparation is already here :-)

      Delete
  2. Awww heck gnarlydog, I love how you make us wonder and wait for more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Because of spam received from unwanted manufacturers/retailers all comments are now moderated. Allow a few days for your comment to appear when the operators of GnarlyDog News are on safari.