02 July 2012

PHOTO: zipper play

.
The wind was gone and so were the waves. I looked for something to play in and I had to content myself with a small "zipper".

Surf play_3_c

It's when two waves from different directions collide together at a slight angle and form this imaginary zipper that appears to close together. The bay I often paddle has decent tidal flows that create banks of sand miles away from shore. Leaving the fishing folk behind, I played around in the shallow water trying to get caught in the zipper zone.

Surf play_1_c

.

2 comments:

  1. Its no fun being caught in a zipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are talking about your jeans, right?
      Watch this space for video of the "water" one soon

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Because of spam received from unwanted manufacturers/retailers all comments are now moderated. Allow a few days for your comment to appear when the operators of GnarlyDog News are on safari.